How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your TV, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not work appropriately if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely simple to understand. Softwares are already offered that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.